This is a wonderful article by Emily B. Malone who gives great suggestions of what to do during baby’s first year:
- Find a good babysitter and use her.
- Let them sleep on you as often as possible. (I will add a caveat to that-only up to the age when their biological rhythms are starting to develop, usually at 4 months.)
- Carve out time for yourself.
- Keep a journal.
- Create a memory box.
- Take a daily/weekly/monthly photo.
- Dig up old photos of you and your spouse.
- Record your baby’s laugh and cry. (I will add babble to that!)
- Travel-the-earlier-the-better (and also before their bio rhythms are starting to develop.)
- Record videos as much as you can.
Enjoy these great ideas!